DO IT BY NUMBERS
Start at least two months before expiry. Don't forget -
FREE eMAIL ACCOUNT
1. Create a new eMail account
YOUR New REGISTRAR
2. Open an account with your new
(use your proper eMail address)
YOUR HOSTING PROVIDER
3. Get & write down the DNS for
your host server.
YOUR OLD REGISTRAR
4. Change the contact eMail
address(s), for the domain.
(use the throw-
5. Turn off auto-
Wait a few days for the changes to propagate and take full effect
6. Disable WhoIs, for the domain.
7. Get transfer authorisation code
for the domain.
YOUR NEW REGISTRAR
8. Start a transfer-
authorisation code, and assign
eMAILS TO and FROM YOU
9. The new registrar will ask for
10. The old registrar will ask for
11 Both will advice you about
12. Both will confirm the transfer
13. Both will confirm transfer is
It may take a few days, or more.
All done -